24 February 2009

Trip to London Zoo

This was my second trip to the London Zoo. The first time was in 1982 on a school trip, along with my parents and sisters. That was around 26 years ago.

This was my son's first trip to a zoo and for his cousin, Noah as well.

london zoo__0135

london zoo_0133

The zoo's just 1.8 miles away from my sister-in-laws house and driving there took only a couple of minutes. We made the mistake of not buying the tickets at the car park and had to stand in a massive queue. Fortunately they opened up few other counters and we were in soon.

london zoo__0192

london zoo__0143

london zoo__0151
High five

I realise the Zoo is run by the Zoological Society of London, a charitable organisation but the tickets were really costly (£ 15.50 for adults and £12.50 for children above 3). Most of the animals were inside because of the cold and We didn't get to see the lions or the tapirs amongst others. I felt like we didn't get our moneys worth.

pink rahil zoo001

pink rahil zoo
The pink girl

london zoo_0202

london zoo__0174

Any way the kids enjoyed the trip. The highlight of the trip were the Gorillas who put on a show. However, my son liked the aquarium the most. He was fascinated with the colourful fishes.

london zoo_0208

Here's the address:
ZSL London Zoo
Regent's Park
London NW1 4RY
ENGLAND

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Face painting is a big thing here in the states also. I often go to local trade shows with my wares and see a great deal of it going on. Winter here in the American deep south has been somewhat cooler than normal--so much for global warming.

Dilip Mutum said...

It's definitely an attraction here.

Regarding global warming, strange weather conditions everywhere including the UK might be an indication that something is wrong.

Anonymous said...

It is expensive, but the annual pass membership is amazing value and you get to go to Whipsnade Zoo in Hertfordshire too.

Dilip Mutum said...

Hi Katz, Thanks for dropping by my blog.

RA said...

Lovely kids! I see that they had a good time :). Wow, face painting... How exciting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin