02 September 2023

Foods to Avoid and Food that are Good for Blood Pressure

 I recently found out that my BP is sky high. I had been experiencing migraines, tiredness and body aches and I suspected it as I had been diagnosed with high BP a few years back. However, I stopped taking medicine after a few weeks and was able to control it. However, I have gone back to my bad habits - sleeping late, eating junk food and a lot of stress and here we are. 

Have been researching a lot and according to most sources, there is not cure for BP and you have to take medicines. I have relented and started as well as I do not want to have a stroke or heart attack.

Anyway, I don't want it to get worse. I found out that the worst foods for BP are the ones I love - savory snacks and others listed below. I don't smoke, don't consumer alcohol and I am vegetarian.

Food to avoid for people with high blood pressure

  • Saturated fats
  • Crisps and salty snacks
  • Sugary drinks
  • Bread
  • Canned tomato products
  • Soup
  • Cheese
  • Pizza
  • Caffeine
  • Pickles
  • Condiments

 The Best Foods for High Blood Pressure

  • Citrus
  • chokeberries
  • blueberries
  • raspberries
  • strawberries
  • grapes
  • Kiwifruit
  • Leafy greens
  • Nuts and seeds
  • pumpkin seeds
  • flaxseed
  • chia seed
  • pistachios
  • walnuts
  • almonds
  • Legumes
  • cranberries
  • Amaranth
  • whole oats
  • quinoa
  • brown rice
  • corn
  • whole grain bread
  • whole wheat pasta
  • Olive oil
  • Carrots
  • Eggs
  • Tomatoes
  • Broccoli
  • Yogurt
  • Herbs
  • Potatoes

Let me know if there is any food I should add to the lists. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin