22 May 2013

Work starts on Cycle Coventry Project

Work on the £6.9m Cycle Coventry project has finally started. In the first phase, they are working on the route 3 which links the City centre to Longford via Henley College and University Hospital. This is a well established cycle route and I wish they had instead started on Route 1, the City Centre to Ricoh Arena, with links to Radford instead.
Sorry. The map is not very sharp

You might think that it is for selfish reasons but No! Right now  there is no proper cycling route and is quite dangerous with fast vehicles on the road with a quite steep uphill climb (or downhill depending on the direction) - some of the few reasons I am still not cycling to work.

While trying to look at some alternative routes, I recently found Coventry CycleStreets page where I can plan my cycling journeys in Coventry. The new route is off the main road and relatively safer, passing by some places I have never been to in Coventry - should be interesting.

Related links: Cycle Coventry page on the City Council site






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin