16 April 2010

Lush soaps and inspirational words

My wife is a big fan of Lush soaps and we were running low on our stock of bath bombs and soaps. This Monday, on our day out at Coventry city centre with our daughter who's having her Easter break, we took the opportunity to drop by the Lush shop at the Lower Precinct.

For your information, Lush was started by husband and wife Mark and Mo Constantine, who originally supplied cosmetics to Bodyshop. Their handmade soaps are really popular and they now have more than 600 stores in 43 countries. What we like about the company is that they are totally against animal testing, are hand made and they support a number of ethical issues.

After we got back home I was reading what was written on their shopping bag. I am not sure how many of you do that but as a marketing student, I love reading stuff written on packaging. Anyway, I really liked the part about
"We believe that our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right."
And I do believe them.

3 comments:

Rox | Entrecard Credits said...

I happen to like Lush soaps because they use only natural ingredients.

Kay | UPrinting said...

Sometimes, two products that has almost the same features are judged by how they are marketed, and a marketing strategy that is really coming from the heart and gives importance to what their customer's think is really the ones that do better. But I am really glad that they do not do animal testing, they really have a kind heart.

Jenny said...

Lush products are so good:) I used to be a big fan of Bodyshop too, but since they have been bought by L'oreal i think they are not the same ..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin