The paradox that is India:
1. Reebok is #1 in India while Nike is #2. Totally opposite to sales in other countries.
2. Similarly Pepsi is #1 in India while Coca Cola comes at #2. I guess it is due to the first mover advantage - Pepsi was first to enter the market after economic liberalisation started.
3. India is the only country in the World where McDonalds does not offer a Big Mac. Due to cultural reasons.
4. There are more mobile users than fixed line telecom subscribers.
5. The most popular social networking site is not Facebook but Orkut.
6. There are 22 official languages (many sites still list it as 18).
7. Majority of people are Hindus and Muslims make up 13.4%. However, this makes it the country with the 2nd largest population of Muslims in the World after Indonesia.
That's all I can think of for now.