30 December 2008

Driving in London

Last Sunday, we drove down to London to meet up with my sister-in-law who just moved to the UK. My brother-in-law had arrived a few days earlier. I hate driving in London and my sister-in-law was staying in an apartment right in the heart of the city - in Bayswater (near the Malaysian Hall). Fortunately I didn't have to pay the congestion charge as it was a Sunday. Moreover metered spaces and single yellow lines were free for parking.

I don't know what I would have done without my TomTom. A Sat-nav is a must have gadget for anyone who drives in the UK. However, I realised that I need to update to the latest map as it kept telling me to go into one way streets - the wrong way and into roads that didn't exist any more. It also tells me that the fastest route to our house is via the M6 whereas I prefer to take the M40 - which is even faster. It took me more than half an hour just to get out of the city on the way back. Sometimes technology can drive you crazy.

Going back to London again this week and I have to pay the congestion charges. Fortunately a friend has allowed us to park our car in front of her house for free otherwise I would have had to spend a huge amount for the parking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother-in-law's son likes the way how they drive in London. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin