17 November 2007

Why do you need a Swiss army knife for?

While driving back home from the University I suddenly remembered that Go Outdoors was having a sale and I decided to drop by their store. I just wanted to survey the prices but as it normally happens, you see something you like and end up buying something.

I was just browsing through the place when I noticed the pen knife and multi tool section. I have always wanted a multi-tool ever since I lost my small pen knife when I was a kid. Anyway, I really liked the Leatherman multi-tools but they were way over my budget. I finally found a multi-tool that I liked and quite affordable as well - the Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Climber 1.370330. Unlike the normal ones that have red handles, mine is black. The Climber has a total of 12 basic functions including scissors and a multi-purpose hook.



The retail price is £20 but I got it for £16 after discount.

When I got back home, I showed it off to my wife who didn't look impressed. "So! What are you going to use it for?", she asked.

I replied that can use it when we go camping and stuff but I guessed what was coming next. "When are we going camping?"

Now, I am going to have to leave it in the car because I don't want to risk my kids playing with it and cutting themselves.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I've never met anyone who doesn't know how to use Swiss Army knife.

So sorry.

kljs said...

I have been taking my Swiss Army Knife since my schooling days as a scout. Now, my Swiss Army Knife follows me everywhere. 1. As a protection weapon. 2. a keychain. 3. Utility tool.

http://kennyljs.com/

Dilip Mutum said...

Of course she knows how to use it.

I think you didn't get what she was trying to tell me. What she meant was "Do we really need it?"

Anonymous said...

Hi..Laling ni. :D
Sebelum tu nak ucapkan Terima kasih banyak kat awak kerana sudi jenjalan kat blog laling..

Oh ye nak tanya? jsut tu ape?

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i have not heard of leatherman brand but i have heard of victorinox.

i carry a swiss army knife with me all the while. this is my 3rd SAK already! the first one had quite a lot of tools - more than 20 i think and i find it too heavy. so when i came across one that was given free to our office after buying a copier, i used it instead. it's about the same one that you just bought, adam. i also had a free one from the star!

last month when i was in langkawi i saw some unbranded SAK which cost only RM10.00 (about 15 tools).

why i need a SAK? one of those just in case thingy.....

Dilip Mutum said...

Hi Laling,
Thanks for dropping by my blog and also for pointing out my spelling mistake.

Dilip Mutum said...

Lucia: Original Swiss army knives are either Victorinox or Wenger (also owned by Victorinox). But I guess the term SAK has become generic now.

Leatherman's multi-tools are much bigger (and costlier) and have a pair of pliers along with other tools stored in the handles.

Anonymous said...

It is good to be safe. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin