09 June 2007

Visit to Twycross Zoo

This Tuesday, I accompanied my daughter to the Twycross Zoo trip organised by her playgroup. As I had suspected, I was the only daddy in the entire bus. My wife was at home looking after our son. But it's OK. It was the first time I had ever been to a zoo with my daughter.

It was fun. I have been to bigger zoos but I liked the fact that we could see of the animals up close through their specially designed enclosures. They have a huge collection of primates.

Here are some pics:

zoo03 Capybara, the biggest rodents in the World.

zoo06Elephants patiently waiting for their feeding time.

zoo08First time I saw a giraffe so close.

Rahil suddenly met up with her "best friend". They were hugging and jumping up and down. "Girls!" I thought to myself. They couldn't be kept apart after that and I had to follow them.

zoo10 Rahil, with here best friend. Trying to communicate with a chimp

Now for some information about the zoo. Twycross Zoo opened in 1963 on a site in Leicestershire. right now it occupies over 40 acres and is one of the major British zoos. The address:
Twycross Zoo
Atherstone
Warwickshire
CV9 3PX
Telephone 01827 880250/880440
Fax 01827 880700

Tags:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin