16 March 2007

Do you like classic rock

Classic rock is my kind of music. Unfortunately not many of my friends are into this genre of music. I was lucky that my wife loves the same kind of music I do.

I do listen to the new songs on the radio but if you asked me to name any new singer or band that I really liked, I couldn't come up with any. I simply don't feel a connection.


Give me Led Zeppelin any day. Listening to Nazareth's Love hurts can send shivers down my spine.

It was a great moment when I was finally able to watch the legendary band Deep Purple live, when they last visited Malaysia. It was amazing to see these guys (some of whom are grandfathers) still rocking.

Going through the blogosphere, I find that I am not alone. There are a lot of classic rock lovers out there. Olivia from Canada is one of them. She blogs at "The Funky Olive". Learned that they actually play classic rock in her office. I really envy her. In my last place of work, I was the only guy who liked classic rock music. One guys actually told me that listening to it was giving him a headache.

Anyway, read what happens when a temp comes in to their office and tries to switch the music to "sappy easy listening bla bla" music here.

Related posts:
- Farhan singing the blues on AF4
- Led Zeppelin and the evil one

Tags:

5 comments:

Fish said...

Do Bee Gees and Abba count? Hehe, sorry.. I'm bad at music genre...

Dilip Mutum said...

No they are on the opposite side of the scale - I like them too though. Reminds me of disco lights and flared pants.

JPP Papa said...

i like! but i can't name one. For i like most music anyway. so i have no problem hanging out with you guys.

Kamigoroshi said...

Ahhh, the good rock. The Who's, Led Zepplin, Blue Oyster Cult (more cowbell!!), Queen, Megadeth, the old Metallica, the old U2, Scorpions, Rolling Stones, Guns n Roses...ahhh...the good old days of rock.

Damn, I always loved their guitar bridges. Especially Led's Stairway to Heaven. You can't not love that and call yourself a rock fan.

Unknown said...

you're not alone ... try some great listening stuffs in my blog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin