15 March 2007

Belated birthday gifts

I received a very pleasant surprise this morning. Was getting ready to send my daughter to school when the doorbell rang. There was a delivery lady with a parcel. I could make out the words Amazon on the side of the box and the first thing that came into my head was "I didn't order anything!"

Then I guessed that it must be a birthday gift and I was right. It was from my two sisters (Juliana & Diana) and Fred down in Australia and consisted of a book - "The Age of Kali: Travel and Encounters in India" by William Dalrymple, Two volumes of Herge's "The Adventures of Tintin" and 3 DVDs of "An Inconvenient Truth".

Thanks a lot guys. You really made my day.

Tags:

2 comments:

merapuman said...

i love tintin when i was a kid. i wa sat ipoh parade just now and they r selling some old ones for quite cheap but it was too worn out. so i tak jadi beli.

Dilip Mutum said...

I used to have a good collection when I was a kid but I don't where they are now.

I sometimes see good quality copies at car boot sales here and they are going for 50p and less.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin