30 January 2007

Vista is here

Windows Vista the new operating system from Windows hits store shelves today, after several delays. It replaces the Windows XP OS, which was released 5 years ago. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

The new system has hundreds of new features but I especially love the graphics called the Aero interface.

The requirements for the Home Basic version are:
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 512 MB of system memory
- 20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
- Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32 MB of graphics memory
- DVD-ROM drive
- Audio Output
- Internet access .

It won't run on my old computer because it doesn't have enough memory. Maybe I can persuade my wife to upgrade her laptop OS.

Related link: Everything You Need to Know About Windows Vista

Tags:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin