20 January 2007

Pooped pavements

There are inconsiderate people everywhere and Coventry is no exception. I love the pedestrian friendly pavements here in the UK but as I found out, some people are taking it for granted.

While walking my daughter to school, she pointed at something and asked "Baba! What's that?"

"Dog poop", I replied.

Her next question was a bit difficult to answer: "Who put dog poop there?"

The pavements are littered with dog poop all the way to the school.

Before you accuse me of being a dog hater, let me clarify that I don't hate dogs. As a matter of fact, we used to have a lot of dogs in our house as I was growing up. My favourite was a really intelligent German Shepard, which passed away while I was away in University several miles away.

Anyway, like I was saying, I don't hate dogs but I definitely don't like their inconsiderate owners who treat the pavements as if it's their dog's toilet.

People walk on those pavements. If you want to keep a dog and like to take them for walks, (you should if you keep a dog), please remember to pick up after they have done their business. That's what they call "responsible dog ownership".

If you can't, don't keep them.

Also you might keep in mind that dog owners can now be fined for allowing their dog to foul public areas.

Tags:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin