09 January 2007

Free blog advertising

I am sure most of you must have heard of the Million dollar page and how it made Alex Tew, a 21 year old student, a millionaire. In the process, he created a new form of advertising - pixel ads. In case you haven't, read the story here.

This gave rise to a splew of copy cat sites. There is even a Million Ringgit Malaysia page.

One thing that is common among all these sites is that we have to pay a certain amount of money for a few pixels.

Along comes Kevin D. and he decided to create a similar site called Fuel my blog but with two major differences - it's limited to blogs and it's totally FREE.

Anyone can advertise in one of the squares available in 'blocks' (each measuring 40x40 pixels). The homepage and 4 other categories: Sports, Business, Life and All sorts has 625 blocks each. Each ad will last 5 years.

However, there are certain rules:
- You can only advertise once (I guess that's only fair).
- The images cannot be animated and
- No obscene/offensive/adult/illegal images/links/description are allowed.

I have already signed up and I have taken up two blocks, namely 7/3 and 7/4, linking to my ah ok lah and Auto Lah blogs respectively.

If you have blog, go over to the site and sign up asap before all the squares get taken up. When I last checked, there were still 503 blocks available.

Link:

Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great report. It's nice to see some honest reviews. I hope the site works well for you.

PS. The labels above the main page relate to other pages ie Life has a load more spaces on it!!

Oh, and I dugg this!

Dilip Mutum said...

Thanks Kevin.

Anonymous said...

Good site here! Thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin