09 December 2006

The queer hobbit

In Chapter 1 of the Hobbit:
Tolkien's description of Bilbo Baggins:
...got something a bit queer in his make-up from the Took side,...

And Gandalf has this to say:
'Gets funny queer fits, but he is one of the best...

Today, people would give me a strange look if I were to say "I am feeling queer".

I blame it on a certain TV series where five guys with a particular lifestyle, gives normal people (or are they) a total make over.

Trying to write politically correct, is tough and that's queer.

Related posts: Cheapest books ever

Tags:

1 comment:

Miss Aini said...

Ahahahah~I like this entry. Well, honestly, I love those guys. I like Carson (the fashion guy-bitchy-but-cute) and Jay (insanely cute when he cries!) as they are the lovely SNAG in there. Of all, Kyan I think is the most handsome one. =P

Aww, Gandalf needs bit of haircut.
Those hobbits need some fashion makeover too.

=P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin