08 February 2005

Private Screening

It has been quite sometime since I last went out and saw a movie with my wife on the big screen. So we decided to catch the last show in theTGV multiplex in One Utama. I had wanted to see Constantine but it will be released only on the 9th and my wife booked us tickets for Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. I was not really keen but decided to watch it anyway.

So we made plans to put Rahil to sleep and then slip out. However, as they say, "things do not always go according to plan," Rahil refused to sleep even after singing lullabies, turning off the light, after nearly 2 hours. In the end we gave up and decided to leave her with her grandmother.

I was able to get to One Utama from my wife’s house in a record time of about 15 minutes. It was around 10:15 pm and the movie starts at 11:55 pm. To kill time, we sat down at the Starbucks outlet on the ground floor, which opens till 12 am.

Ultimately we went in and to our surprise discovered that we had the entire hall to ourselves – I mean we were the only one watching the movie. It was kind of fun – we could talk and laugh loudly, talk on the phone and we even took pictures of ourselves and the screen.

Contrary to my fears, the movie was quite fun and I recommend it. Renée Zellweger is a great actress.

An interesting experience indeed. It was the first time we had a private screening of a film at a cineplex.

Happy Chinese New Year - Gong Xi Fa Cai

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really enjoyed it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin