20 November 2004

Relaxation and Dan Brown

Just finished reading 'Angels and Demons' another great book from the writer of the international best seller 'The Da Vinci Code' - Dan Brown . The past week has been very relaxing and quite productive too.

This is by far, the longest time I have been able to spend with my wife and Rahil since we got married. I was able to finish two novels (the ones I mentioned above) and a paper which has been accepted for presentation in a conference in New Delhi next year. I also renewed our maid's visa, visited old friends and family members and watched countless movies on Astro, Oh! and EAT a lot. I have gained back the few kgs I lost during the fasting month - all in two days. Unfortunately, as they say, nothing lasts for ever and my vacation ends on monday when I get back to work - in Kedah.

Coming back to 'The Da Vinci Code'. The book is quite controversial and is not surprising that some of my Christian friends were not really happy with the portrayal of the Catholic church in it. However, their reaction was not as bad as that of my Muslim friends when Salman Rusdie came out with the 'Satanic Verses'. Anyway, read it for yourself and you can judge.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin