12 October 2004

Luxury Proton Car

I have been really busy and haven't had time to update my blog. Anyway, here is something I heard through the grapevine.

I am sure you all know that Proton is working on some new models and you have heard about the Satria and Tiara replacement models. There were also some rumors that Proton was coming out with a sports car. Well, I just learnt that they are coming out with a luxury model - maybe we can call it the Perdana replacement model. Proton is targeting the up-market segment of customers - the BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, Lexus, etc. market and they are conducting a feasibility study right now.

This segment is extremely brand conscious. I see a lot of Malaysians going for an old Merc, even though they can afford a brand new Proton car. “Image”, they tell me. Even if Proton makes a luxury car with all the bells and whistles, would these people go for a Malaysian car?

Remember you heard it here first.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin