06 September 2004

PGL

Finally saw Puteri Gunung Ledang at TGV, One Utama last Friday. Sad to say but I didn't enjoy the film as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong. The visuals, the details and the acting was great. I can say that we finally have a World class Malaysian movie.

However, I didn't enjoy it for two main reasons. First of all, my wife bought tickets for the last show starting from 11:30 pm and that too after my classes at UM. The movie ended at around 2am in the morning. Tell me, how are you supposed to enjoy a movie when you are trying your best to stay awake. However, I think it was the second reason that really spoiled my movie watching pleasure. There were these group of a---holes sitting right behind us, who thought that it was funny making stupid comments and laughing for no reason. For example, there was that scene of Gusti Putri bathing in the stream. I know that you like what you see but you don’t have to shout it out in public.

Anyway, coming back to the story line, I felt like kicking Hang Tuah in his butt. On one hand was the Putri, who left everything for him, while he is there acting like a fool – all for a useless Sultan. Guys! What would you have done if you were in his place?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin