10 March 2004

Where Did The Images On My Blog Go?

One of the great things about Blogger is that they provide their service completely “Free of Charge”. However, one drawback is that I am not able to post pictures - for that I have to upgrade to Blog*Spot Plus. One way to get over this is to host your images somewhere else and link to the images from your blog. I have tried out a few free hosts before settling on Angelfire, which provides 20MB of disk space and 1 GB bandwidth.
Well, I just opened my blog and noticed that all the images on my blog were not visible. Going to the Angelfire site I received this warning: The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Term of Service. I just realised my mistake: uploading the Michael Hung video file and linking to it from my blog. That's one of the limitations of a free host and I am seriously considering getting my own domain name and a host with generous bandwidth allocation. Regarding, web site hosts, I had some pretty bad experiences in the past. They would be really “customer friendly” before you host with them - “we got this special price for you”, “we have over 10 years experience in hosting” and then can’t even get a proper response from them when you finally choose them and you have some problems. I would love to hear your opinion on the web hosting services here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin