03 March 2004

Talk on Parenting

Just wanted to inform all of you about this upcoming event.
"Shaping Excellent Character: A Manual for Parents" By: Professor Dr. Muhammad Al-Mahdi
Date: 7 March 2004 (this Sunday)
Time: 2.00pm
Venue: Main Hall, Tabung Haji, Jln Tun Razak, KL, Malaysia.
Seats are limited. Fee is only RM 50.00.
Please book early by calling 03-42569822 (Norma /Aisya)

Folowing is a brief introduction by Professor Dr. Muhammad Al-Mahdi himself:
I spent almost 14 years as a full time university student in the USA, including three Ph.D. programs, in child, clinical, and experimental psychology. I was an Assistant Professor of Child/Clinical psychology in USA. I worked for the US government as a research director in children’s values education, and was a Chief Psychologist for Head Start (a nationwide federal early child development program in the U.S). Also I was trained in nuclear electronics and theoretical physics at one of the world’s top research laboratories.
I now run one of the World’s largest Islamic websites, which is visited over 1.2 million times each month by visitors from about 130 countries. I was Director of Malaysia: Nation of Character Program (MNOC) for LPPKN in the Ministry of Women and Family Development, was until recently director of parent training for ABIM, lecturer for SABA Islamic media on parenting and "Signs of the Creator". I am working with Multimedia University on the production of an animated TV series of the Khalifah Project called, “Jannah: Child of Paradise”, and am coordinator and advisor of the Khalifah Project model school program in ADNI Islamic school.
Now, having perhaps only a few months left to live due to cancer, I am devoting the last days of my life training others in the knowledge and techniques which I have learned during my life - work and studies which may be of some benefit to the Ummah. It was my study of theoretical physics, which changed me from a non-believer into a believer in God and it, was the perfection of the revealed truth of Islam in the Qur’an and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that resulted in my becoming a Muslim almost 25 years ago.
I have been regularly visiting Malaysia for about 15 years and have lived here permanently for over four years now. I consider Malaysia to be one of the nicest countries in the world and very comfortable for a Muslim to live in. I am generally quite positive about the Malaysian government and have long considered Dr. Mahathir to be one of the most important voices internationally for the Islamic nations and developing world. I follow the Sunni tradition, never having real acquaintance with the Shia so I don’t know much about them. I have mostly associated with those living in countries practicing the Shafi Madhab so I am most familiar and comfortable with the Shafi Madhab, although respectful of the other Madhab.
I believe in and try to live a kind, tolerant and loving form of Islam. I reject attempts to impose Islamic belief and/or practice on others by force or coercion. I try to teach children the importance of love in their hearts and minds for Allah and all that He has allowed as lawful for us and a strong dislike for all that Allah has told us is wrong. I try to use powerful psychological techniques of positive social influence to effectively teach the traditional beliefs and practices of Islam to children, and try to describe aspects of Islamic theology and metaphysics in terms of modern scientific discoveries and logical, objective data to give Muslims an ‘armour’ for their faith against the attack of Western secular materialism which threatens to steal their spirituality from them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin