16 December 2003

Gore and stylish violence in Kill Bill

Saddam has been caught by the US occupation forces in Iraq. Hope the violence will end and that the Iraqis can get on with their normal lives.
Just watched Kill Bill, the latest movie by Quentin Tarantino and starring Uma Thurman as the heroine. I know I am a bit late. Most of you have seen this movie. Hell I haven't even watched Matrix revolutions. Well remember that I am new father with a baby to take care of. Like all Tarantino movies, this movies starts in the end of the story and goes back to the beginning. If you don't get what I mean, see the movie for yourself. Just one warning, its pretty bloody. Lot of stylish fight scenes and I couldn't help but think that it reminded me of something. I realised that it had some similarities to the old Bruce Lee movies but much more stylish and the use of samuri swords instead of Kung fu and fists. The fight scenes are terrific and if you can stand limbs and heads flying and blood everywhere, than this movie is a must see. Another interesting concept is the incorporation of a short anime clip. I must say that the best fight in the movie was that between the heroine and the Japanese girl Go-Go Yubari played by Chiaki Kuriyama. For those who didn't know, it's another movie with a sequel and you don't even get to see the face of Bill, her former boss and the guy whom she is after. Well have to wait for the 2nd volume/ sequel to come out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin