12 November 2003

Classic

Was just listening to Nazareth's Where are you now, one of my all time favourite songs when I recalled an e-mail I received sometime back. It was quite funny because it was true. Something about when we were kids compared to kids now-a-days. The part I liked best was "When we were kids, Michael Jackson was still black".
A teenager once commented that she had not even heard of some of my favourite songs. She referred to them as Oldies. To us born in the 70's and who grew up in the 80's, these were the "in" or "Hip"songs. As teenagers, we danced to songs by Wham, Modern Talking, A Ha, Duran Duran and Michael Jackson. There was Madonna with her Like a Virgin but I didn't like her much. There was also the MC Hammer phase with the funny baggy trousers. Of course we can't forget Stevie Wonder's I Just Called To Say I Love You.
I don't know why but I have always liked Rock especially classic soft rock. Some of my favourite rock groups/singers were and still are Nazareth, Guns and Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Led Zepplin, Deep Purple, Scorpions and Iron Maiden. Some of the songs like Smoke on the water by Deep Purple were already Classics when I first heard them.
However, my listening habits are not limited to rock, I listen to almost anything from Rap to New Age music. Still, classic soft rock is on top of my list.
Here are some of my all time favourites (Top 30) in alphabetical order. Heard any of them:
1. All Out Of Love - Air Supply
2. Amanda - Boston
3. And I Love Her - Beatles
4. Black Magic Women - Santana
5. Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
6. (I just ) Died In Your Arms Tonight - Reo Speedwagon
7. Every Breath You Take - Police
8. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
9. Final Countdown - Europe
10. Have I Told You Lately (That I Love You) - Rod Stewart
11. Highway Star - Deep Purple
12. How Deep Is Your Love - Bee Gees
13. I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner
14. I've Been Waiting For A Girl Like You - Foreigner
15. Is This Love - Bob Marley
16. No More Lonely Nights - Paul McCartney
17. November Rain - Guns N Roses
18. Now And Forever - Richard Marx
19. Patience - Guns and Roses
20. Soldier Of Fortune - Deep Purple
21. Stand By Me - Ben E. King
22. Strangers In The Night - Frank Sinatra
23. Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns and Roses
24. Tonight's The Night - Rod Stewart
25. Waiting For A Girl Like You -Foreigner
26. We Will Rock You - Queen
27. Where Are You Now - Nazareth
28. When I Need You - Leo Sayer
29. When The Smoke Is Going Down - Scorpions
30. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

"Kid these are not oldies, they are Classics...."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin