22 September 2003

Spy in your computer?

If you had a feeling that your computer habits were being monitored by someone than you are probably right. Over the years I have accumulated a fair amount of software and games on my computer. Many of these were freeware (u don't have to pay) or shareware (you can use for a while). I was of course surprised when I got pop ups out of nowhere.

A cartoon jumping up and down offering to help me (my sister downloaded it). Many of these carry hidden software called "Spyware, malware, or adware. Read this article in the MSN website about the dangers we may be downloading on our computers.

If you want to check whether there are any hidden spyware, malware, or adware on your computer, download Spybot Search & Destroy available for free. However, make sure you read the tutorial (Help).

This software has been tested and I give my approval.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin