12 July 2013

Visit to Cardiff 2013

Just came back from Cardiff. I had gone there to attend the Academy of Marketing annual conference which was hosted by the University of South Wales this year.

I stayed at the Park Plaza Cardiff, which was about 5 minutes walk from the conference venue. It is the only 4 star hotel in the city but I was not really impressed. No free water bottles, no free newspapers, tiny holes in the bath tub, tear on the bed sheet, limited channels on the TV and room facing the main road and NIGHTCLUBS. I could not sleep till late because of the noise. I think they should take the manager for a tour of some 4 star hotels in Malaysia or Singapore to see how it is done over there. Next time I will stay in Premier Inn - at least I will get free water bottles. Positives: the lady at the reception was warm and friendly, hairdryer, ironing board and iron in room. They apparently have a great restaurant, spa and swimming pool but did not get the chance to use them.

Interesting sculpture in park plaza cardiff room
An interesting sculpture in my room

Here are some pictures from my short trip:

Untitled

Untitled
Cardiff Castle. Unfortunately it was closed by the time I freshened up and went for a bit of sightseeing.

Cardiff WP_001759

Cardiff WP_001760

Cardiff WP_001761

Cardiff WP_001762

Cardiff WP_001763

Untitled

The best part of the conference was the reception at the National Museum Wales. They have an amazing collection of artwork by some of the greatest masters including, Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh, Cezanne, etc.

With The Blue Lady

WP_001769

Lilies by Monet

With Van Gogh

Will definitely be visiting again.

Note: The pics here were taken by either my Samsung Galazy SII or my Nokia Lumia 900 and hence the quality which is actually not that bad. Definitely need to get my hands on a Nokia Lumia 1020.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin