14 June 2009

How to get your own unique Facebook username?

If you are on Facebook you can now get your own unique username. I got my own yesterday. Previously our Facebook profile url would have lot of characters: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=751145254. Now it is http://www.facebook.com/dilipmutum.

Unfortunately the username Dilip was taken and so was Adam and I had to settle for the 'dilipmutum'.

I also got one for my wife as well as she is busy with her workshop in Berlin.

Is that a invasion of privacy? I am sure she won't mind.

Anyway, if you haven't got your own unique user name, go to the Facebook username page and see if your name is still available.

Warning :
You can't change the user name once you have chosen it. In other words, you will be stuck with it forever. So make sure there are no typos. Also is that cute, funny or obnoxious name something you might want to be associated with in a few years from now.

Think about it. Go on and get your name before someone else does (they probably have, unless it is really unique).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin